Within the frame of the SOCRATES Exchange Programme we can offer you a place at one of the following universities:
Université Joseph Fourier in Grenoble (Frankreich)
In addition we also offer a four-week study stay at the
- Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas (USA).
Further information about studying economic geography in Hannover are provided in the following flyer: Download
- A visit of the University of Bristol and the University of Wales makes the most sense for students in their fifth or seventh semester, respectively. The stay in Bristol and Wales is from the 01.10. until the 30.06. of the following year.
- The stay at the Universidade de Lisboa and the Universidad Complutense Madrid can be recommended to students who wish to write their thesis about regional economical developments in the EU. During their visit to the Universidade de Lisboa (about seven months from the 01.10.) students should visit lectures and seminars, while making preparations (research, surveys...) for writing their thesis.
- The study stay at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration is one semester (approx. 01.10. - 28.02.). Participation is mainly recommended for students interested in economic questions regarding Eastern Europe or quantitative methods, computing and GIS.
- All participants at the Partner Universities are supervised by Professors with which the Department of Economic and Cultural Geography has had close ties for many years.
Participants of the programme can expect a monthly allowance towards their living costs, the fees for language courses (Portugal, Spain) and, if applicable, funding towards travelling expenses (Portugal, Spain). Further information on scholarships can be found at the International Office.
Geography Students specialising in Economic Geography in their Main Study period (Hauptstudium) can apply for a study term abroad. The selection is based on their study performance and if necessary the linguistic proficiency of the applicants. Applications containing a résumé and certificate copies as well as specification of the desired university are to be handed in at the latest by January of the relevant year to:
Prof. Dr. J. Revilla Diez,
Leibniz Universität Hannover, Institute of Economic and Cultural Geography
Applicants can receive further information from Prof. Dr. J. Revilla Diez (Email).